Introduction to Oslo Section
The SPE Oslo section was established in 1993. Today the section has grown to over 350 members and includes both Young Professional (YP) and the student Chapter at University of Oslo (members statistics). Monthly meeting with technical presentations are held from September to May, on the third Tuesday of the month. Meetings are held either at lunch or in the evening. The YP and student chapter also organizes own meetings.
Election of SPE Oslo Board is performed every year in April. The election committee presents proposed candidates at the general assembly in April every year and the election is performed. The Board meets 5-8 times a year to plan and coordinate activeties.
The section is based on voluntary contribution by board members and our expenses are funded by local sponsors on a yearly basis. The YP and student chapter is financed by SPE Oslo.
The basis for the local section is the numerous O&E related companies located in the Oslo area:
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
- E&P companies spanning from small license partners to larger NCS and international operators.
- Service companies mainly in reservoir and production
- Research centres such as IFE, NGI and SINTEF
- EPC contractors especially advanced in sub-sea development. In addition comes more than 35 suppliers of services and equipment to subsea installations.
- Individual consultants
- The Petroleum Geology Masters and PhD program at UiO.
- In addition comes FPSO and LNG ship owners, classification and investment banks
To read our annual reports and learn about our meetings,
Thank you for visiting our pages